Shiv Kapur slips to 22nd in third round in Cologne
Cologne (Germany): Indian golfer Shiv Kapur got a rude jolt on the third day as he carded a three-over 75 to slip to tied 22nd in the BMW International Open here.
Kapur had five bogeys against just two birdies and will need a special round on Sunday to get back to a good finish.
The 24-year-old Danny Willett moved into a one-shot lead going into the final round. Seeking his maiden win, he carded three-under 69 at Gut Larchenhof to move to 12-under.
Kapur bogeyed the second, eighth and ninth and birdied only the seventh on the front nine. A birdie on 13th was followed by bogeys on 14th and 18th for a disappointing 75.
Willett turned in 35, holed a huge putt across the green for a birdie at the short 11th and after another gain at the 14th, pitched to six feet at the par-five 16th for his sixth birdie of the day although there was a third bogey at the last.
Willett is one ahead of compatriot Chris Wood and halfway leader Joel Sjoholm, with South African Keith Horne and Australian Marcus Fraser, who has victories in Korea and Russia, on ten under.
Jeev Milkha Singh and SSP Chowrasia had missed the cut earlier on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata