Shiv Kapur slips to finish tied 25th at KLM Open
Hilversum (Netherlands): Shiv Kapur faltered over the weekend to finish tied 25th with a final round of 70 at the end of the KLM Open.
The Indian, who was placed third after the second round, slipped to 18th at the end of the third round and finally dropped to 25th.
Kapur, who has been having a series of modest results on the European Tour, had his best finish since the tied 24th place at Ballantine`s in May and the 13th place at Maybank Malaysian Open in April.
The other three Indians -- Jeev Milkha Singh, SSP Chowrasia and Gaganjeet Bhullar -- missed the cut.
Meanwhile, Simon Dyson claimed the KLM Open title for the third time as his fabulous run in 2011 continued.
Dyson, who won this tournament in 2006 and 2009, shot a closing 66 at Hilversumsche to finish 12-under for the week.
He finished one ahead of David Lynn and two clear of Rory McIlroy.
His win came after he birdied four of his last seven holes that took him level with legends Seve Ballesteros and Bernhard Langer as the only other players to win the event three times.
Dyson, who also won the Irish Open this year, had his seventh top-ten finish of the season and consolidates his position in the top-10 of The Race to Dubai.
The 33-year-old also moves to just outside the top 30 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
Lynn, whose only European Tour victory in 350 starts came in this event back in 2004, went 11 holes without picking up a shot but was suddenly right back in it when he eagled the 12th from ten feet to be only one behind.
US Open Champion McIlroy goes back to third in the Official World Golf Ranking with his third place finish, while Gary Orr`s 71 left him fourth and World Number Two Lee Westwood came fifth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan