Shiv Kapur slips to finish tied 25th at KLM Open
Hilversum (Netherlands): Shiv Kapur faltered over the weekend to finish tied 25th with a final round of 70 at the end of the KLM Open.
The Indian, who was placed third after the second round, slipped to 18th at the end of the third round and finally dropped to 25th.
Kapur, who has been having a series of modest results on the European Tour, had his best finish since the tied 24th place at Ballantine`s in May and the 13th place at Maybank Malaysian Open in April.
The other three Indians -- Jeev Milkha Singh, SSP Chowrasia and Gaganjeet Bhullar -- missed the cut.
Meanwhile, Simon Dyson claimed the KLM Open title for the third time as his fabulous run in 2011 continued.
Dyson, who won this tournament in 2006 and 2009, shot a closing 66 at Hilversumsche to finish 12-under for the week.
He finished one ahead of David Lynn and two clear of Rory McIlroy.
His win came after he birdied four of his last seven holes that took him level with legends Seve Ballesteros and Bernhard Langer as the only other players to win the event three times.
Dyson, who also won the Irish Open this year, had his seventh top-ten finish of the season and consolidates his position in the top-10 of The Race to Dubai.
The 33-year-old also moves to just outside the top 30 on the Official World Golf Ranking.
Lynn, whose only European Tour victory in 350 starts came in this event back in 2004, went 11 holes without picking up a shot but was suddenly right back in it when he eagled the 12th from ten feet to be only one behind.
US Open Champion McIlroy goes back to third in the Official World Golf Ranking with his third place finish, while Gary Orr`s 71 left him fourth and World Number Two Lee Westwood came fifth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know