Shubhankar slips to 19th in third round at ADT
Kuala Lumpur: A late slump with a double bogey and a bogey on 14th and 15th holes denied young Shubhankar Sharma the chance to position himself in top-10 at the PGM Vascory Templer Park golf Championship here today.
Shubhankar, who has already finished in top-10 twice this season, is now in a tie for 19th with a third round of even par 72 and a three-day total of three-under 210. He needs to come in with a low final round to get closer to top-10.
Shubhankar had birdies on second and third and 13th before he dropped three shots in two holes.
Malaysia`s top amateur Gavin Green raced to a commanding nine-shot lead after firing a five-under 67 in the third round of the PGM Vascory Templer Park Championship today.
The big-hitting Green, who held a two-stroke halfway lead, put one hand on the trophy of the RM250,000 (approximately US$80,000) Asian Development Tour (ADT) event with his three-day total of 18-under-par 198 aggregate.
Thailand`s Kwanchai Tannin, who carded the day`s lowest round of 66, moved into second place behind the 20-year-old Malaysian while local trio Airil Rizman, Khor Kheng Hwai and Shaaban Hussin shared third place on 208 after rounds of 69, 73 and 75 respectively at the Templer Park Country Club.
The top five players on the final ADT Order of Merit will earn playing rights for the 2015 Asian Tour season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know