Slow start for Atwal in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico: Arjun Atwal`s woes on the PGA Tour continued as he shot a two-over 74 in the opening round of the Puerto Rico Open when there were strong winds that played havoc with the scores.
Atwal began with six straight pars before stumbling to a double bogey on seventh and a bogey on ninth to turn in three-over.
He recovered some ground with birdies on 11th and 12th but again double bogeyed the 13th. A late birdie on 17th saw him finish the day at 74 and in tied 87th.
Daniel Chopra shot 73 and was lying 64th. He had three birdies against four bogeys.
Matt Jones and George McNeill led the field with six-under 66. Ben Curtis was a shot behind at 67. Jeff Overton, Todd Hamilton, Kevin Kisner and Daniel Summerhays shot 68 each. Japanese star Ryo Ishikawa carded 70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report