Slow start for Atwal in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico: Arjun Atwal`s woes on the PGA Tour continued as he shot a two-over 74 in the opening round of the Puerto Rico Open when there were strong winds that played havoc with the scores.
Atwal began with six straight pars before stumbling to a double bogey on seventh and a bogey on ninth to turn in three-over.
He recovered some ground with birdies on 11th and 12th but again double bogeyed the 13th. A late birdie on 17th saw him finish the day at 74 and in tied 87th.
Daniel Chopra shot 73 and was lying 64th. He had three birdies against four bogeys.
Matt Jones and George McNeill led the field with six-under 66. Ben Curtis was a shot behind at 67. Jeff Overton, Todd Hamilton, Kevin Kisner and Daniel Summerhays shot 68 each. Japanese star Ryo Ishikawa carded 70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees