Slow start for Atwal in Puerto Rico
Puerto Rico: Arjun Atwal`s woes on the PGA Tour continued as he shot a two-over 74 in the opening round of the Puerto Rico Open when there were strong winds that played havoc with the scores.
Atwal began with six straight pars before stumbling to a double bogey on seventh and a bogey on ninth to turn in three-over.
He recovered some ground with birdies on 11th and 12th but again double bogeyed the 13th. A late birdie on 17th saw him finish the day at 74 and in tied 87th.
Daniel Chopra shot 73 and was lying 64th. He had three birdies against four bogeys.
Matt Jones and George McNeill led the field with six-under 66. Ben Curtis was a shot behind at 67. Jeff Overton, Todd Hamilton, Kevin Kisner and Daniel Summerhays shot 68 each. Japanese star Ryo Ishikawa carded 70.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog