Smriti leads in 11th leg of Hero Womens Pro Golf
Kolkata: Smriti Mehra maintained her lead but Vandana Aggarwal held the spotlight as she aced the par-3 11th hole en route to an even-par 70 at the end of second round of the 11th leg of Hero Women`s Pro Golf Tour on Wednesday.
Vandana, from Oil India, jumped to second place behind Smriti Mehra (71).
Smriti went into sole lead with a second round 71 that gave her a total of three-over 143. Vandana was in second place at 147 with rounds of 77 and 70. Vandana`s second round 70 was the best card of the day.
Young Nalini Singh Siwach dropped down the leaderboard with a round of 78 and she was now fourth, one behind the third placed Shraddhanjali Singh ((73) who is at 149.
Smriti had four birdies and five bogeys in an eventful round while Vandana had three birdies, a hole in one and five bogeys. She had a particularly purple patch with bogeys on ninth, 10th and an ace on 11th.
Ankita Tiwana (75-77) was fifth at 152 and Rukmini Mehta (78-79) was lying sixth at 157.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state