Smriti Mehra clinches 2nd title of the season
Mumbai: Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra continued her superb form to emerge victorious in the fourth leg of Hero Women`s pro golf tour 2013, capturing her second title of the season, here today.
Smriti, winner of the second leg, was in her element today and played a solid round of one under 64 to finish with a total score of 194 here at the Willingdon Sports Club.
Like yesterday she had a brilliant front nine with birdies on the third and sixth. She carded another birdie on the 15th and had bogeys on the 12th and 14th to win title.
Neha Tripathi, who has been very consistent this season, finished second with a final round score of one over 66 and a total score of 200. She had birdies on the fourth and 17th and had bogeys on the first, second and 11th holes.
Sharmila Nicollet, who had another disappointing day at the office with two double bogeys on the first and eight, carded a lowly six over 71 to finish third with a total score of 202. Pallavi Jain played a decent round of par 65 and finished fourth with a total score of 205.
Vani Kapoor and Saaniya Sharma retained their tied fifth place with final score of 209.
This win ensures Smriti`s domination in the Hero Order of Merit while Neha follows her closely.
Smriti Mehra-194 (67, 63, 64)
Neha Tripathi-200 (70, 64, 66)
Sharmila Nicollet-202 (63, 68, 71)
Pallavi Jain-205 (65, 75, 65)
Vani Kapoor - 209 (73, 68, 68)
Saaniya Sharma- 209 (74, 67, 68).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why