Smriti Mehra clinches 2nd title of the season
Mumbai: Veteran golfer Smriti Mehra continued her superb form to emerge victorious in the fourth leg of Hero Women`s pro golf tour 2013, capturing her second title of the season, here today.
Smriti, winner of the second leg, was in her element today and played a solid round of one under 64 to finish with a total score of 194 here at the Willingdon Sports Club.
Like yesterday she had a brilliant front nine with birdies on the third and sixth. She carded another birdie on the 15th and had bogeys on the 12th and 14th to win title.
Neha Tripathi, who has been very consistent this season, finished second with a final round score of one over 66 and a total score of 200. She had birdies on the fourth and 17th and had bogeys on the first, second and 11th holes.
Sharmila Nicollet, who had another disappointing day at the office with two double bogeys on the first and eight, carded a lowly six over 71 to finish third with a total score of 202. Pallavi Jain played a decent round of par 65 and finished fourth with a total score of 205.
Vani Kapoor and Saaniya Sharma retained their tied fifth place with final score of 209.
This win ensures Smriti`s domination in the Hero Order of Merit while Neha follows her closely.
Smriti Mehra-194 (67, 63, 64)
Neha Tripathi-200 (70, 64, 66)
Sharmila Nicollet-202 (63, 68, 71)
Pallavi Jain-205 (65, 75, 65)
Vani Kapoor - 209 (73, 68, 68)
Saaniya Sharma- 209 (74, 67, 68).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam