Smriti Mehra ends tied 30th at Thai Open golf
Bangkok: Smriti Mehra dropped four bogeys on the back-nine and ended with a score of 74 to sign off tied 30th in the Thailand Ladies Open -- the season’s first event on the Ladies Asian Golf Tour.
She totalled four-over 220 with rounds of 74, 72 and 74.
All the other Indians, Sharmila Nicollet 150 (76-74), Tanya Wadhwa (77-77), Rhea Nair (82-73) and Saanya Sharma (84-74) missed the cut.
Nineteen-year-old Thai golfer, Tanaporn Kongkiatkri was stretched to nine playoff holes before winning the title over South Korea’s Cho A-ram yesterday.
Both the professionals finished the 54-hole play with a 8-under. In the sudden death Cho and Kongkiatkri halved the first seven holes with matching pars and bogeyed the eighth.
Kongkiatkri played the ninth playoff hole with a wonderful approach shot that stopped three feet from the hole before tapping in for a birdie to lift the Cup.
Pornanong Phatlum, the leader on the first two days, shot a three-over 75 and ended seventh at 211 with USA’s Libby Smith and Kang Da-na and Kim Do-yeon of South Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city