Smriti Mehra ends tied 30th at Thai Open golf
Bangkok: Smriti Mehra dropped four bogeys on the back-nine and ended with a score of 74 to sign off tied 30th in the Thailand Ladies Open -- the season’s first event on the Ladies Asian Golf Tour.
She totalled four-over 220 with rounds of 74, 72 and 74.
All the other Indians, Sharmila Nicollet 150 (76-74), Tanya Wadhwa (77-77), Rhea Nair (82-73) and Saanya Sharma (84-74) missed the cut.
Nineteen-year-old Thai golfer, Tanaporn Kongkiatkri was stretched to nine playoff holes before winning the title over South Korea’s Cho A-ram yesterday.
Both the professionals finished the 54-hole play with a 8-under. In the sudden death Cho and Kongkiatkri halved the first seven holes with matching pars and bogeyed the eighth.
Kongkiatkri played the ninth playoff hole with a wonderful approach shot that stopped three feet from the hole before tapping in for a birdie to lift the Cup.
Pornanong Phatlum, the leader on the first two days, shot a three-over 75 and ended seventh at 211 with USA’s Libby Smith and Kang Da-na and Kim Do-yeon of South Korea.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pampore attack: Did CRPF ignore specific intelligence input from Jammu and Kashmir Police?
- Euro 2016: Belgium beat Hungary 4-0 to reach quarterfinal as Yannick Carrasco scores final goal
- Singapore Airlines flight caught fire during emergency landing at Changi Airport - Details here
- New survey reveals why men resort to unprotected sex
- 4.7 magnitude earthquake hits India-Bangladesh border region