Smriti Mehra finishes 50th in Morocco
Agadir: Smriti Mehra rounded off the week with an even par 71 in the fourth and final round to finish tied 50th at the Lalla Meryem Cup in Morocco on Sunday.
Smriti, who was doing well and lying 25th after the second round, dropped after a third round 76 and the final round 71 was not able to pull her up much.
Thailand`s Ariya Jutanugarn could even afford the luxury of a double bogey on the back nine 15th as she landed seven birdies in a round of 67, her third straight 67 after a first round 69. She finished at 14-under and three clear of Beth Allen.
Just 17 years of age, Ariya, the Ladies European Tour rookie was in sizzling form from the second round onwards and never relented over the weekend.
The last time Jutanugarn visited Morocco, for the LET`s Lalla Aicha Tour School in December, she won the Final Stage by five shots.
Then she had an amazing start to her first season as a professional, with a second to Karrie Webb in Australia and runner-up to Inbee Park in Thailand.
India`s Sharmila Nicollet had missed the halfway cut.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice