Smriti Mehra takes lead in third leg of Hero WPGT 2013
Mumbai: Continuing from where she left, Smriti Mehra carded a two-under 68 in the first round of the third leg of Hero Women`s Pro golf tour 2013 to grab sole lead at the Bombay Presidency Golf Club here.
At the end of the first round, Smriti was three shots ahead of Sharmila Nicollet.
Smriti had a shaky start with bogeys on the first and third holes while the birdies on the second, fourth, 17th and 18th holes ensured her stay at the top.
Sharmila played a steady front nine but faltered on the back nine, with bogeys on the 11th, 14th and 16th holes. Her birdies on the 15th and 18th holes helped her finish second with a score of one-over 71.
Rani Sonti, with three birdies on the 5th, 16th and 18th, finished third with a score of three over 73.
Neha Tripathi, winner of the first leg of the Hero WPGT 2013, started with consecutive birdies on the first and second holes but failed to capitalize on her good start and finished fourth with a score of five over 75.
Preetinder Kaur (76) was placed fifth after the first round and Mita Gowande (77) finished sixth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest