Smriti, Nalini to battle it out in 14th leg Women`s Pro Tour
Pune: Smriti Mehra, who holds a handy lead in the race for the Order of Merit over Nalini Singh Siwach, will be looking to maintaining that lead over the last two legs of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
The 14th leg begins from Wednesday at the 5,814 yard Pune Golf Course, which according to the players is playing very well.
In the 14th and penultimate leg, Smriti and Nalini will be the leading contenders, though Pallavi Jain, who won her first title last week, will also be hoping to make a mark.
But Sharmila Nicollet, will once be absent from the field as she is playing on the Ladies European Tour in Morocco.
Neha Tripathi and Saaniya Sharma who have won once each this season are other major contenders.
Currently Smriti leads the Money list with earnings of Rs. 6,69,600 while Nalini has earned Rs. 6,18,400. Sharmila is lying third (Rs. 470,400) but Neha Tripathi (4,18,250) has a chance of overhauling her with a good showing in last two legs.
This year Smriti has won five titles, while Nalini has three. In both cases they finished behind an amateur winner once each.
Aditi Ashok beat Smriti in a play-off in third leg, and Vani Kapoor won the fifth leg ahead of Nalini. But with amateurs not eligible for money prizes, the pros were credited with the top place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack