Smriti, Nalini to battle it out in 14th leg Women`s Pro Tour
Pune: Smriti Mehra, who holds a handy lead in the race for the Order of Merit over Nalini Singh Siwach, will be looking to maintaining that lead over the last two legs of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
The 14th leg begins from Wednesday at the 5,814 yard Pune Golf Course, which according to the players is playing very well.
In the 14th and penultimate leg, Smriti and Nalini will be the leading contenders, though Pallavi Jain, who won her first title last week, will also be hoping to make a mark.
But Sharmila Nicollet, will once be absent from the field as she is playing on the Ladies European Tour in Morocco.
Neha Tripathi and Saaniya Sharma who have won once each this season are other major contenders.
Currently Smriti leads the Money list with earnings of Rs. 6,69,600 while Nalini has earned Rs. 6,18,400. Sharmila is lying third (Rs. 470,400) but Neha Tripathi (4,18,250) has a chance of overhauling her with a good showing in last two legs.
This year Smriti has won five titles, while Nalini has three. In both cases they finished behind an amateur winner once each.
Aditi Ashok beat Smriti in a play-off in third leg, and Vani Kapoor won the fifth leg ahead of Nalini. But with amateurs not eligible for money prizes, the pros were credited with the top place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave