Smriti opens up seven-shot lead
Mumbai: Smriti Mehra shot one of her best rounds of the season as she returned a stunning bogey-free five-under 65 to open up a seven-shot lead at the end of the second round of the 15th and final leg of the of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour.
Smriti, who has already won six of the previous 14 events held on the Tour, carded a 65 and is now three-under 137, while the next best placed player was Saaniya Sharma (70) at 144.
Nalini Singh Siwach and Shraddhanjali Singh, who were tied for lead after the first round fell of the pace. Nalini added a 73 and was at 145 in third place, while Shraddhanjali carded 74 to be 146.
Neha Tripathi (76) was fifth at 149 and three behind her at 152 was Nikki Ponappa (73). Smriti had steady pars for the first six holes and then sank her first birdie on the seventh and even when turned at one-under there was no inkling of the birdie spree on the back nine. She birdied the par-3 10th and then added further birdies on 14th, 15th and 18th to finish at 65.
Saaniya had two birdies and two bogeys on front nine and then one birdie and one bogey on the back journey for a 70. Nalini had three bogeys on the front but caught up the backstretch with two birdies and two bogeys on the second nine for a card of 73.
A win in the last leg would mean seven wins for Smriti on the Tour and with the Order of Merit.
Smriti this season has accumulated Rs 7,32,100, while Nalini has Rs 6,63,400.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement