Smriti opens up seven-shot lead
Mumbai: Smriti Mehra shot one of her best rounds of the season as she returned a stunning bogey-free five-under 65 to open up a seven-shot lead at the end of the second round of the 15th and final leg of the of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour.
Smriti, who has already won six of the previous 14 events held on the Tour, carded a 65 and is now three-under 137, while the next best placed player was Saaniya Sharma (70) at 144.
Nalini Singh Siwach and Shraddhanjali Singh, who were tied for lead after the first round fell of the pace. Nalini added a 73 and was at 145 in third place, while Shraddhanjali carded 74 to be 146.
Neha Tripathi (76) was fifth at 149 and three behind her at 152 was Nikki Ponappa (73). Smriti had steady pars for the first six holes and then sank her first birdie on the seventh and even when turned at one-under there was no inkling of the birdie spree on the back nine. She birdied the par-3 10th and then added further birdies on 14th, 15th and 18th to finish at 65.
Saaniya had two birdies and two bogeys on front nine and then one birdie and one bogey on the back journey for a 70. Nalini had three bogeys on the front but caught up the backstretch with two birdies and two bogeys on the second nine for a card of 73.
A win in the last leg would mean seven wins for Smriti on the Tour and with the Order of Merit.
Smriti this season has accumulated Rs 7,32,100, while Nalini has Rs 6,63,400.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened