Smriti, Vani set to lock horns in Hero-WGAI pro golf
Gurgaon: Smriti Mehra, who faltered in the final round of the seventh leg, will once again start as the favourite for the eighth leg of the Hero-WGAI Women`s Pro Tour, which begins at the par-72 Classic Golf Resort on Tuesday.
Smriti, leader on the Order of Merit by a big margin over Nalini Singh Siwach, has so far won three of the seven legs, while the only other multiple winner has been rookie Vani Kapoor, the winner last week.
Smriti holds a lead of over Rs 69,000 over Nalini on the money list with Vani third. Smriti has so far accumulated Rs 7,67,750, while Nalini has Rs 6,98,000. Vani is just behind with Rs 6,72,250.
This season the competition has been rather intense with Smriti being kept on her toes by the younger lot. Vani, who joined the pro ranks at the start of this season, has been very aggressive and her two wins is a testimony to the talent she has.
"I want to go further and try myself out on Asian and European Tours," said Vani.
Nalini, is also keen on trying herself for the European Q-School later this year.
"I just need to be a bit more consistent," said Nalini, who has won once this season, but has been in top-3 many times.
In the first round Smriti goes out with Meghna Bal and Shraddhanjali Singh, while Nalini plays with Ankita Tiwana in a two-ball. Vani is paired with Seema Sobti and Priya Puri.
Saaniya Sharma plays with Rani Sonti and Preetinder Kaur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Tommy Singh aka Shahid Kapoor in 'Chitta Ve' from 'Udta Punjab'—Watch!
- IIT-Bombay survey: 95% freshers never had sex, 75% have no problem with homosexuality
- WATCH: Ugly fight between Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina during ODI match vs West Indies
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets Android 6.0 Marshmallow update
- 'Uncle, please send my sister's rapists to jail'- 16-year-old boy writes to PM Narendra Modi seeking justice for his minor sibling