Smriti wins seventh title
Mumbai: Smriti Mehra could afford to drop a lot of shots and still win by a big three-shot margin to lift the 15th and final leg of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour title on Friday.
This is Smriti`s seventh title of the season from among 15 events and it also saw her finish the season on top of the Money List.
The veteran star shot 79, including two bogeys and a double bogey in the last three holes, to finish the week at six-over 216.
Smriti was three clear of Nalini Singh Siwach (74), who overhauled a fast-approaching Neha Tripathi to finish second.
Nalini totalled 219, while Neha (71) was third at 220.
Nalini won three events and was second on the merit list.
Shraddhanjali Singh (75) and Saaniya Sharma (77) were tied for fourth at 221.
Nikki Ponappa (76) was sixth at 228 and was one of the two players to land an eagle on the final day. The other one was Neha, also on the par-5 fourth hole.
Smriti, who began the day seven shots ahead of Saaniya, opened with six pars before finding a double bogey. She then had a triply on the par-4 ninth. On the back nine, she birdied the 10th, but bogeyed the 11th. Then followed four pars and a bogey on 16th, a double on 17th and another bogey on 18th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur