Smriti wins seventh title
Mumbai: Smriti Mehra could afford to drop a lot of shots and still win by a big three-shot margin to lift the 15th and final leg of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour title on Friday.
This is Smriti`s seventh title of the season from among 15 events and it also saw her finish the season on top of the Money List.
The veteran star shot 79, including two bogeys and a double bogey in the last three holes, to finish the week at six-over 216.
Smriti was three clear of Nalini Singh Siwach (74), who overhauled a fast-approaching Neha Tripathi to finish second.
Nalini totalled 219, while Neha (71) was third at 220.
Nalini won three events and was second on the merit list.
Shraddhanjali Singh (75) and Saaniya Sharma (77) were tied for fourth at 221.
Nikki Ponappa (76) was sixth at 228 and was one of the two players to land an eagle on the final day. The other one was Neha, also on the par-5 fourth hole.
Smriti, who began the day seven shots ahead of Saaniya, opened with six pars before finding a double bogey. She then had a triply on the par-4 ninth. On the back nine, she birdied the 10th, but bogeyed the 11th. Then followed four pars and a bogey on 16th, a double on 17th and another bogey on 18th.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living