Smriti wins seventh title
Mumbai: Smriti Mehra could afford to drop a lot of shots and still win by a big three-shot margin to lift the 15th and final leg of the Hero Women`s Professional Golf Tour title on Friday.
This is Smriti`s seventh title of the season from among 15 events and it also saw her finish the season on top of the Money List.
The veteran star shot 79, including two bogeys and a double bogey in the last three holes, to finish the week at six-over 216.
Smriti was three clear of Nalini Singh Siwach (74), who overhauled a fast-approaching Neha Tripathi to finish second.
Nalini totalled 219, while Neha (71) was third at 220.
Nalini won three events and was second on the merit list.
Shraddhanjali Singh (75) and Saaniya Sharma (77) were tied for fourth at 221.
Nikki Ponappa (76) was sixth at 228 and was one of the two players to land an eagle on the final day. The other one was Neha, also on the par-5 fourth hole.
Smriti, who began the day seven shots ahead of Saaniya, opened with six pars before finding a double bogey. She then had a triply on the par-4 ninth. On the back nine, she birdied the 10th, but bogeyed the 11th. Then followed four pars and a bogey on 16th, a double on 17th and another bogey on 18th.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional