Solid start by Jeev as he cards 67 in first round
Castle Stuart: Jeev Milkha Singh got off to a solid start with a five-under 67 on a rather generous course on the first day of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Links today.
The defending champion, who missed the premiere of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, a film on the life of his father and legendary athlete Milkha Singh, was among the top 10 as the first round was yet to be completed. Jeev had eight birdies, but he also gave away three bogeys.
India`s other challenger, SSP Chowrasia shot two-under 70.
"I`m happy with five-under. I was three-under after after four and then I went off the routine and gave away two bogeys. But then I got off well on back nine and had four birdies in a space of five holes. Then I had a chip in for birdie on last and it leaves a good taste as you finish," Jeev said.
"I am enjoying myself, the weather has been excellent, though there was some pressure. The pressure comes because when you want to do the best every time you tee up," he said.
"There were lot of birdie holes there. I tried to get to seven-under, it is that kind of course, but I am happy with five-under."
England`s John Parry (64) continued his return to form by taking the clubhouse lead midway through the opening round as Phil Mickelson (66) also started strongly. Other good starts came from Simon Khan (65) and four others including Thai Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot 66 each
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah