Solid start by Jeev as he cards 67 in first round
Castle Stuart: Jeev Milkha Singh got off to a solid start with a five-under 67 on a rather generous course on the first day of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Links today.
The defending champion, who missed the premiere of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, a film on the life of his father and legendary athlete Milkha Singh, was among the top 10 as the first round was yet to be completed. Jeev had eight birdies, but he also gave away three bogeys.
India`s other challenger, SSP Chowrasia shot two-under 70.
"I`m happy with five-under. I was three-under after after four and then I went off the routine and gave away two bogeys. But then I got off well on back nine and had four birdies in a space of five holes. Then I had a chip in for birdie on last and it leaves a good taste as you finish," Jeev said.
"I am enjoying myself, the weather has been excellent, though there was some pressure. The pressure comes because when you want to do the best every time you tee up," he said.
"There were lot of birdie holes there. I tried to get to seven-under, it is that kind of course, but I am happy with five-under."
England`s John Parry (64) continued his return to form by taking the clubhouse lead midway through the opening round as Phil Mickelson (66) also started strongly. Other good starts came from Simon Khan (65) and four others including Thai Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot 66 each
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!