Solid start by Jeev as he cards 67 in first round
Castle Stuart: Jeev Milkha Singh got off to a solid start with a five-under 67 on a rather generous course on the first day of the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open at Castle Stuart Links today.
The defending champion, who missed the premiere of `Bhaag Milkha Bhaag`, a film on the life of his father and legendary athlete Milkha Singh, was among the top 10 as the first round was yet to be completed. Jeev had eight birdies, but he also gave away three bogeys.
India`s other challenger, SSP Chowrasia shot two-under 70.
"I`m happy with five-under. I was three-under after after four and then I went off the routine and gave away two bogeys. But then I got off well on back nine and had four birdies in a space of five holes. Then I had a chip in for birdie on last and it leaves a good taste as you finish," Jeev said.
"I am enjoying myself, the weather has been excellent, though there was some pressure. The pressure comes because when you want to do the best every time you tee up," he said.
"There were lot of birdie holes there. I tried to get to seven-under, it is that kind of course, but I am happy with five-under."
England`s John Parry (64) continued his return to form by taking the clubhouse lead midway through the opening round as Phil Mickelson (66) also started strongly. Other good starts came from Simon Khan (65) and four others including Thai Kiradech Aphibarnrat shot 66 each
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP