South Korea`s Noh targets PGA rookie award
Seoul: South Korean hotshot Noh Seung-yul has set his sights on winning a tournament in his first season on the US PGA Tour and capturing Rookie of the Year honours.
The 20-year-old, one of golf`s brightest young prospects, makes his bow in Hawaii this week and hopes to make an instant impact on tour.
"I`m starting my dream," Noh, coached by swing guru Butch Harmon, told the Asian Tour. "I will build on a new chapter in my career.”
"I`ll try for a win, also the Rookie of the Year award. I would also like to qualify for FedEx Cup play-offs which will be my objective this year."
Noh burst onto the Asian Tour as a 16-year-old, capturing a first title in China during his first season and voted Rookie of the year.
A one-stroke victory at the Malaysia Open in 2010 helped Noh become the youngest winner of the Asian Tour`s Order of Merit.
"I can`t wait for my first tournament," said Noh, who comfortably earned his Tour card at qualifying school at the end of last year.
"I feel pumped. I`ve got used to my new swing and feel comfortable with my shots," added Noh, who joins fellow Koreans KJ Choi and major winner Yang Yong-eun.
"Now my shots are more consistent, my confidence levels have been boosted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM