South Korea`s Kim extends lead at Portland Classic
South Korea`s Kim In-Kyung fired a five-under 67 to stretch her lead to three shots after the second round of the LPGA Tour`s Portland Classic on Friday.
Kim, whose only top 25 finish this year came at the Swinging Skirts Classic, ended 36 holes at 12-under-par 132. The last of Kim`s three career wins on the US LPGA Tour came in the 2010 season.
"The greens were rolling much better in the morning, so that was kind of nice, and I hit the ball well, similar to yesterday. I`m really pleased with how I played on the par-fives," said the 26-year-old Kim.
"I`m really pleased how I played the last two days, and I`m looking forward to the weekend."
Carlota Ciganda and Hur Mi-Jung both fired seven-under 65s in the second round at the Columbia Edgewater Country Club. They moved into a share of second place at nine-under 135. They were joined there by Laura Diaz, who shot 68 in round two.
Last week`s winner Ryu So-Yeon carded a 66 to move into fifth place at six under. She was joined there by Mina Harigae (69), China`s Lin Xi Yu (68) and Paula Reto (69).
Amelia Lewis is alone in ninth place at seven-under 137 after posting a 71 on Friday.
Kim started her round with birdies on the 10th and 12th. After stumbling to a bogey on the 13th, she came right back with birdies on the 14th and 15th to move to 10-under.
Kim birdied the first before faltering to another bogey on the par-three second. She rebounded with a birdie on the third.
Kim parred three straight from the fourth. She made birdie on the par-five seventh to move to 12-under. Kim parred her final two holes to end there.
Suzann Pettersen rallied with five birdies in her final seven holes to get to six-under-par with a second-round five-under 67.
Defending champion Pettersen and US Solheim Cup captain Juli Inkster (70) are among nine players tied for 10th place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands