Srinagar gets a golf training park
Srinagar: A golf training park was inaugurated by Jammu and Kashmir Director General of Police Ashok Prasad here today with an aim to impart training to golfers of all age-groups, especially students.
The Lake View Environmental Golf Training Park is situated on the banks of the world famous Dal Lake.
"The nine-hole course has been opened for the promotion of the game and to impart training to golfers of all age-groups, especially students," Prasad said.
He said the state police has been sustaining and nurturing the golfing talent of the Valley, which has helped produce skilled golfers and has helped in the development of self-discipline and sportsmanship.
Advising the youth to avail the opportunity of the park and refine their talent, the DGP said the police has helped the game to survive during the times of turmoil and prevented it from being extinct
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Analysing the murder mystery of Sheena Bora case- Part II
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack