SSP Chowrasia makes cut, Jeev misses out in Qatar
Doha: SSP Chowrasia sank a crucial birdie on the 17th to squeeze inside the cut line even as Jeev Milkha Singh missed out on the weekend action at the Qatar Masters.
Chowrasia, sitting at one-over after the front nine which had three bogeys, birdied the 10th and the 18th to get to one-under and make the cut with rounds of 70 and 73.
Jeev, who shot even par in first round, added a three-over 75 and missed the cut at three-over.
Marcus Fraser (68-67), Martin Kaymer (68-67) were leading at nine-under, though four others, including Sergio Garcia were also at nine-under but still had some more holes to play.
First round leader Ricardo Santos, was two-under through 15 and was at nine-under also.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi says 'happy to be targeted' as AgustaWestland deal continues to haunt Congress
- GOING VIRAL: Have you seen this 'love story' ad on PM Narendra Modi's ambitious 'Swachh Bharat' campaign? WATCH
- Transit of Mercury, May 9, 2016: Where, when and how to watch in India!
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- IPL 2016: Kolkata Knight Riders' Yusuf Pathan slams Sunil Gavaskar for calling RCB's bowling line-up as 'popatwadi attack'