SSP Chowrasia makes cut, Jeev misses out in Qatar
Doha: SSP Chowrasia sank a crucial birdie on the 17th to squeeze inside the cut line even as Jeev Milkha Singh missed out on the weekend action at the Qatar Masters.
Chowrasia, sitting at one-over after the front nine which had three bogeys, birdied the 10th and the 18th to get to one-under and make the cut with rounds of 70 and 73.
Jeev, who shot even par in first round, added a three-over 75 and missed the cut at three-over.
Marcus Fraser (68-67), Martin Kaymer (68-67) were leading at nine-under, though four others, including Sergio Garcia were also at nine-under but still had some more holes to play.
First round leader Ricardo Santos, was two-under through 15 and was at nine-under also.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory