SSP Chowrasia slips on final day in Prague
Prague: SSP Chowrasia dropped six shots in just two holes to slip down the leaderboard and finish tied 39th in the inaugural D+D REAL Czech Masters.
Chowrasia, who started the final round in tied 17th place, finished with a final round of four-over 76 as he tried to recover lost ground with three birdies on the back nine.
He had a sedate start with two pars before he double bogeyed the par-3 third hole and then had a quadruple on par-4 fourth hole. That was six shots gone in two holes.
Shiv Kapur (72) was tied 52nd at even par for four rounds, while Gaganjeet Bhullar (76) at two-over was 69th.
Meanwhile, Jamie Donaldson confirmed his place at The 2014 Ryder Cup in the most spectacular fashion, as the Welshman claimed his third European Tour title courtesy of a two-shot victory.
The 38-year-old carded a four under par final round 68 to overcome his countryman and first round leader Bradley Dredge, finish on a winning total of 14 under and earn a place in Paul McGinley`s European team.
With so much at stake, Donaldson showed the poise and determination of a future Ryder Cup star and raced out of the blocks, starting with three successive birdies before a bogey at the fourth pegged him back to two under for the day, having found the trees from the tee.
He claimed that shot back, however, with a three at the par four sixth hole to reach the turn in three under, before rolling in a putt from 25 feet at the tenth for birdie and capitalising on the final par five, the 13th, for another gain.
A bogey at the tricky 17th hole did not prove costly for Donaldson as Dredge also ran up a five after driving into the water hazard and a par at the sealed the title and a place at Gleneagles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic