Stadler on track for debut win at Le Golf National
Paris: American Kevin Stadler remains on track for a wire-to-wire French Open victory on his debut appearance at Le Golf National after storming four shots clear in the third round on Saturday.
Stadler, son of 1982 U.S. Masters champion Craig, carded a one-over-par 72 in testing conditions to record a nine-under total of 204.
The 35-year-old, who has been in front since day one, is four ahead of Thailand`s Thongchai Jaidee (69) and Frenchman Victor Riu (73).
Thongchai was one of only 10 men to go under par as winds gusting up to 48-kph made life difficult for the players at the venue for the 2018 Ryder Cup.
U.S. Open champion Martin Kaymer (70) of Germany was fourth, six shots off the pace.
"I got what I deserved today," Stadler told reporters. "I didn`t play that great but I made a few nice up and downs for pars.
"It was just about holding it together today, I knew I didn`t have to do anything crazy to stay ahead. A couple less shots would have been nice but overall I`m happy the way it went."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NASA inflates spare room in space
- Bihar Class 10th Result 2016, BSEB 10th Result 2016: Bihar Board Matric Class 10 Results 2016 (biharboard.bih.nic.in) to be declared today on May 29
- Kiran Bedi to assume charge as Lt Governor of Puducherry today
- Trials of Talgo train to commence today: Know more about it
- Cristiano Ronaldo strikes shoot-out winner as Real Madrid crowned kings of Europe