Sujjan seeks maiden win at ISPS Handa Singapore Classic
Singapore: His card already secured, Indian golfer Sujjan Singh will now look for his maiden win on the Asian Tour when he tees up for the USD 300,000 ISPS Handa Singapore Classic.
The Chandigarh golfer had secured his Asian tour card with a top five finish at the Avantha Masters in February and is now looking to grab his breakthrough win at the revamped Orchid Country Club.
"This course suits my eye and I like it. The weather`s here like in India, so that helps. I`ve been playing well but I think the Avantha Masters was the one big week for me. We`ve got a few tournaments in a roll and it`s time to start playing well," said Sujjan, who is currently 10th on the Asian Tour Money List with USD 108,318 to his name.
"Having secured my card at Avantha with a tied fifth place, the pressure`s (of getting a card) is off and I can go out and play now. The courses on the Tour are great, the players are great.”
"I`m looking forward to some good golf for the next six to eight weeks," added Sujjan, whose wife, Irina Brar, was the leading ladies golfer in India before a back injury forced her to turn to Sports Psychology.
Sujjan has for company a huge contingent from India - as many as 12 others, three of them who have tasted victories in the past and rest who are young and promising Indian talent.
Anirban Lahiri, who grabbed his maiden title in this year`s Panasonic Open (India), Gaurav Ghei who has won three times, once dating back to 1995 and Feroz Ali, winner of the Indian Open in 1998.
Other Indians in the field, include Manav Jaini, who has come close to winning Asian Tour events in India many times, Himmat Rai, Ashok Kumar, a big success on domestic circuit, Chiragh Kumar, Vikrant Chopra, seasoned Digvijay Singh, Mandeo Pathania, Vinod Kumar and Abhishek Jha.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics