Sujjan Singh scripts remarkable play-off win
Panchkula: Chandigarh pro Sujjan Singh outclassed Sri Lanka’s Anura Rohana via playoff to lift his maiden professional title at the Aircel-PGTI Players Championship here on Sunday.
Both the golfers had ended the regulation 72 holes as joint leaders with identical scores of seven-under 281 at the Panchkula Golf Club.
Sujjan lifted his maiden professional trophy after making par on the first play-off hole (18th). Rohana, on the other hand, missed a 10 feet putt for par in the play-off.
Sujjan rounded off an unbelievable week on Sunday. He was tied 12th at the halfway stage and had a nine-down on the par four seventh hole in round two. But the 29-year-old showed tremendous resilience by bouncing back with scores of 66 and 71 over the next two days.
“This is like a dream come true. It will take time to sink in. This tournament was like a rollercoaster ride for me since it had too many ups and downs. I dedicate this win to my parents,” said a beaming Sujjan.
Harmeet Kahlon of Chandigarh and Kolkata’s Raju Ali Mollah finished a distant tied third at 285 while Feroz Ali Mollah was fifth at 287.
Mukesh Kumar ended tied 10th at two over 290 and Gaurav Ghei claimed tied 13th at four over 292.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest