Sujjan Singh scripts remarkable play-off win
Panchkula: Chandigarh pro Sujjan Singh outclassed Sri Lanka’s Anura Rohana via playoff to lift his maiden professional title at the Aircel-PGTI Players Championship here on Sunday.
Both the golfers had ended the regulation 72 holes as joint leaders with identical scores of seven-under 281 at the Panchkula Golf Club.
Sujjan lifted his maiden professional trophy after making par on the first play-off hole (18th). Rohana, on the other hand, missed a 10 feet putt for par in the play-off.
Sujjan rounded off an unbelievable week on Sunday. He was tied 12th at the halfway stage and had a nine-down on the par four seventh hole in round two. But the 29-year-old showed tremendous resilience by bouncing back with scores of 66 and 71 over the next two days.
“This is like a dream come true. It will take time to sink in. This tournament was like a rollercoaster ride for me since it had too many ups and downs. I dedicate this win to my parents,” said a beaming Sujjan.
Harmeet Kahlon of Chandigarh and Kolkata’s Raju Ali Mollah finished a distant tied third at 285 while Feroz Ali Mollah was fifth at 287.
Mukesh Kumar ended tied 10th at two over 290 and Gaurav Ghei claimed tied 13th at four over 292.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter