Sujjan Singh scripts remarkable play-off win
Panchkula: Chandigarh pro Sujjan Singh outclassed Sri Lanka’s Anura Rohana via playoff to lift his maiden professional title at the Aircel-PGTI Players Championship here on Sunday.
Both the golfers had ended the regulation 72 holes as joint leaders with identical scores of seven-under 281 at the Panchkula Golf Club.
Sujjan lifted his maiden professional trophy after making par on the first play-off hole (18th). Rohana, on the other hand, missed a 10 feet putt for par in the play-off.
Sujjan rounded off an unbelievable week on Sunday. He was tied 12th at the halfway stage and had a nine-down on the par four seventh hole in round two. But the 29-year-old showed tremendous resilience by bouncing back with scores of 66 and 71 over the next two days.
“This is like a dream come true. It will take time to sink in. This tournament was like a rollercoaster ride for me since it had too many ups and downs. I dedicate this win to my parents,” said a beaming Sujjan.
Harmeet Kahlon of Chandigarh and Kolkata’s Raju Ali Mollah finished a distant tied third at 285 while Feroz Ali Mollah was fifth at 287.
Mukesh Kumar ended tied 10th at two over 290 and Gaurav Ghei claimed tied 13th at four over 292.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- CBSE Board Results 2015: Class 10 Results to be declared on May 28 on cbse.nic.in
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- Heatwave toll rises to 1,826, over 1,300 dead in Andhra Pradesh