Sujjan takes nine-shot lead in Indonesia
Pasuruan: Sujjan Singh shot the best round of his career with a nine-under 63 to extend his lead by nine shots at the Taman Dayu Championship today.
Starting from the 10th tee, Sujjan benefitted from a hot putter as he turned in 29 highlighted by five straight birdies from the 14th hole at the Taman Dayu Golf Club and Resort.
Ajeetesh Sandhu (76-70) squeezed into the cutline with a second round 70 in tied 48th place but Gurbaaz Mann (79-72) missed it despite a second round 72.
Sujjan`s two-day total of 17-under-par 127 was also a new record on the Asian Development Tour (ADT), replacing the previous record of 13-under-par 131 set by Siddikur at the 2011 Grameenphone Bangladesh Masters.
Local favourite Rory Hie returned with a 70 for 136 to lie in second place while Anura Rohana of Sri Lanka and Michael Moore of Australia were a further shot back.
Sujjan was blemish free in a round of nine birdies as he credited a hot putter for his incredible round.
"My putter was on fire on my first nine (started from the 10th tee) and after I holed my birdie putt just off the green on the 17th hole, I told myself I`m just going along for the ride and enjoy myself today. It was magical.
"I don`t think I ever had a better round of putting in my life. I don`t even know what score I shot until I submitted my card, so only God knows how many putts I made!" he said.
Playing on a sponsor`s invitation, Sujjan rewrote the one-day-old course record, which he set in the opening round, but he is still not thinking of a victory yet.
"The course is in amazing condition. I`ve had a hot week and great greens to back me up. You still can`t think about the big `W`, we have two more days to go and a long road ahead," said the 31-year-old.
The halfway cut was set at two-over-par 146 with a total of 57 players qualifying for the last two rounds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report