Thongchai drops to 38th at Masters; Choi 42nd
Augusta, US: Thongchai Jaidee struggled off the tees and slipped down to tied 38th after bringing home a card of three-over 75 in the third round of the 78th Masters at the Augusta National Golf Club here.
Thongchai is now six-over 222 with rounds of 73, 74 and 75.
In the third round, Thongchai opened with a birdie on third but gave that shot back on the fourth.
Immediately after that on fifth, Thongchai grabbed another birdie on fifth.
But that was the last birdie he had during the entire day. He bogeyed sixth, seventh, 10th and 15th and ended with a card of 75.
Thongchai will go out with Danish youngster, Thorbjorn Olesen, who was part of Team Europe, which tied with Asia at the recent EurAsia Cup.
"My fairway hits and greens in regulation decreased and that`s why I shot a higher score compared to the opening two rounds. I hit some poor shots that put in me in trouble but I escaped after deciding to play a bit conservative," said the three-time Asian Tour number one.
At the top of the leaderboard Jordan Spieth, bidding to become the youngest Masters champion, and 2012 Masters champion Bubba Watson share the lead after the third round on 211.
Asian Tour honorary member Vijay Singh of Fiji shot a 74 for tied 29th while Korean star KJ Choi registered a 78 to lie in 42nd position.
Making the cut at the Masters meant the Thai star has now made the cut at least once at each of the four Majors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof