Tiger said to be progressing with rehab
London: Golf superstar Tiger Woods is making progress in his comeback from back surgery, his agent told a sports website on Tuesday.
Mark Steinberg told the sports news website that Woods is "extending his swing" as he progresses, and is no longer confined to just chipping and putting.
The comments follow reports that Woods, rather than watching the final round of the US Open golf championship on Sunday, was practising at Medalist Golf Club near his Florida home.
The Golf Channel and Golfdigest.com reported that Woods hit full shots, including his driver.
Woods, a 14-time major champion chasing the record 18 major titles won by Jack Nicklaus, underwent a microdiscectomy on March 31 to ease pain from a pinched nerve.
He missed the Masters for the first time in his career in April and also missed last week`s US Open. Woods has made only four starts worldwide in 2014.
On May 19 he said that his rehabilitation was progressing well, but there was still no timetable for his return to competition.
Speaking to reporters at Congressional Country Club in May to promote the tournament he hosts there June 26-29, Woods said his doctors would decide when he could return.
He remained optimistic that it would be this year, although it`s still unclear if he`ll be ready for the third major championship of 2014, the British Open at Royal Liverpool`s Hoylake course July 17-20.
Woods won the last of his three Open titles at Hoylake in 2006. His last major victory was at the 2008 US Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA