Tiger said to be progressing with rehab
London: Golf superstar Tiger Woods is making progress in his comeback from back surgery, his agent told a sports website on Tuesday.
Mark Steinberg told the sports news website that Woods is "extending his swing" as he progresses, and is no longer confined to just chipping and putting.
The comments follow reports that Woods, rather than watching the final round of the US Open golf championship on Sunday, was practising at Medalist Golf Club near his Florida home.
The Golf Channel and Golfdigest.com reported that Woods hit full shots, including his driver.
Woods, a 14-time major champion chasing the record 18 major titles won by Jack Nicklaus, underwent a microdiscectomy on March 31 to ease pain from a pinched nerve.
He missed the Masters for the first time in his career in April and also missed last week`s US Open. Woods has made only four starts worldwide in 2014.
On May 19 he said that his rehabilitation was progressing well, but there was still no timetable for his return to competition.
Speaking to reporters at Congressional Country Club in May to promote the tournament he hosts there June 26-29, Woods said his doctors would decide when he could return.
He remained optimistic that it would be this year, although it`s still unclear if he`ll be ready for the third major championship of 2014, the British Open at Royal Liverpool`s Hoylake course July 17-20.
Woods won the last of his three Open titles at Hoylake in 2006. His last major victory was at the 2008 US Open.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be announced today at 10:30 AM
- Log on to ahsec.nic.in: AHSEC 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department