Tiger Woods and Henrik Stenson nominated for Player of Year award
London: Tiger Woods, Adam Scott and Henrik Stenson are among the five nominees for the PGA Tour`s Player of the Year, the tour said on Monday.
British Opener winner Phil Mickelson and fellow American Matt Kuchar, who finished third on the money list, have also been nominated for the honour, known as the Jack Nicklaus Award.
Woods won five times on the tour this year, including the Players Championship and two World Golf Championship events, and finished second in the FedExCup behind Swede Stenson.
Woods won the Arnold Palmer Award as the tour`s official money winner after collecting $8.5 million.
While Woods had the most successful year, Stenson ended it in spectacular style with two FedExCup victories including Sunday`s Tour Championship, which secured him the Cup.
Australian Scott won the Masters and the Barclays and finished fourth in the FedExCup after six top-ten finishes in the season.
American Jordan Speith is widely expected to win the Rookie of the Year prize after his nine top-ten finishes which earned him a place in the United States` Presidents Cup team.
Derek Ernst, Russell Henley and David Lingmerth have also been nominated for the rookie prize.
Both awards are determined by a member vote, with PGA Tour members who played in at least 12 official money events in 2013 eligible to vote.
The winners of the respective awards will be announced on Friday, September 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list