Tiger Woods claims second win of 2013 convincingly
Wellington: Ace golfer Tiger Woods won his second tournament of the year in a compelling fashion with a two-stroke victory at the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral, closing with a one-under-par 71 in the final round on Sunday.
World No 2 Woods finished with a 19-under-par total for the tournament, with fellow-American Steve Stricker runner-up on 271 after shooting 68 on Sunday.
Stricker had given his rival a 45-minute putting session on Wednesday and Woods, who needed just 100 putts in the four rounds, was quick to acknowledge the role his closest challenger had played in his week, the paper reported.
Woods said he played well and thanked Stricker for the putting lesson, adding he felt good about how he was playing, and he made some putts and got rolling.
Phil Mickelson, Australian Adam Scott, Spain`s Sergio Garcia and Northern Ireland`s Graeme McDowell were tied for third, five strokes behind Woods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?