Tiger Woods claims second win of 2013 convincingly
Wellington: Ace golfer Tiger Woods won his second tournament of the year in a compelling fashion with a two-stroke victory at the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral, closing with a one-under-par 71 in the final round on Sunday.
World No 2 Woods finished with a 19-under-par total for the tournament, with fellow-American Steve Stricker runner-up on 271 after shooting 68 on Sunday.
Stricker had given his rival a 45-minute putting session on Wednesday and Woods, who needed just 100 putts in the four rounds, was quick to acknowledge the role his closest challenger had played in his week, the paper reported.
Woods said he played well and thanked Stricker for the putting lesson, adding he felt good about how he was playing, and he made some putts and got rolling.
Phil Mickelson, Australian Adam Scott, Spain`s Sergio Garcia and Northern Ireland`s Graeme McDowell were tied for third, five strokes behind Woods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?