Tiger Woods concedes legendary Nicklaus’ record may be beyond reach
Sydney: Ace golfer Tiger Woods has admitted legendary Jack Nicklaus’ record of 18 Majors might be beyond his reach, and conceded in quest for his elusive 15th major title, his confidence was dithering.
“Absolutely,” Woods said, when asked if his belief that he would surpass Nicklaus` record of 18 majors had faltered after a four-year drought.
“It`s like everybody else. I`ve gone through periods where I didn`t hit it very good, didn`t putt very good. I know what I can do, but sometimes it just doesn`t come out. That`s when I`ve just got to go back and work harder,” the Sydney Morning Herald quoted Woods, as saying.
“I`ve got to get out there and do my work on the range, on the course and make that solid, so that when I get into a tournament situation it is able to come out,” he added.
Woods has proved maddeningly mercurial in 2012, winning three tournaments yet failing to add to his major haul or to claim a single point for the United States at last month`s Ryder Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in