Tiger Woods eyeing `return of success` in 2014 Majors` venues
Johannesburg: World number one Tiger Woods is reportedly targeting next year`s Majors and returning to three of four venues where he has tasted success in the past, although he still has one event remaining this year.
The 14-time Major champion, who was placed third in the Turkish Airlines Open on Sunday, will not play again to his final event of the year when he hosts the December 5 commencing World Challenge at Thousand Oaks in Los Angeles, an event he has captured five times since its inception in 1999.
According to Sport24, the American will then make his 2014 debut in the 25th anniversary Dubai Desert Classic starting on January 30, which will be six years since he last won a Major, although he is still confident of achieving Jack Nicklaus` all-time record of 18 Majors
The report mentioned that the Masters, the British Open at Royal Liverpool and PGA Championship at Valhalla will be staged in 2014 on venues where Woods has won in the past.
Woods said that 2014 would be a good year for him in the Majors as he has won at three of the four venues and won two each at Pinehurst, adding that he hoped he kept on improving in the venues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state