Tiger Woods `on fire` on opening day of favourite WGC tournament
Johannesburg: Tiger Woods was back to business on one of his favourite grounds as he got into contention once again at the WGC- Bridgestone Invitational on Thursday.
According to Sport24, Woods took advantage of greens softened by overnight rain with some pinpoint iron play to put him self in a good position to push on for his fifth PGA Tour victory of the season.
The golfer expressed that he felt pretty good after carding six birdies and two bogeys to end a warm, breezy day at Firestone two strokes behinds pacesetting American Webb Simpson, the report said.
Woods said that he hit a lot of good shots and felt good with his swing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened