Tiger Woods `on fire` on opening day of favourite WGC tournament
Johannesburg: Tiger Woods was back to business on one of his favourite grounds as he got into contention once again at the WGC- Bridgestone Invitational on Thursday.
According to Sport24, Woods took advantage of greens softened by overnight rain with some pinpoint iron play to put him self in a good position to push on for his fifth PGA Tour victory of the season.
The golfer expressed that he felt pretty good after carding six birdies and two bogeys to end a warm, breezy day at Firestone two strokes behinds pacesetting American Webb Simpson, the report said.
Woods said that he hit a lot of good shots and felt good with his swing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad