Tiger Woods pockets 75th career title
Zeenews Sports Bureau
California: American golfer Tiger Woods has moved closer to the all-time record of 82 career titles by pocketing his seventh title win at Torrey Pines on Monday.
The World No. 2 took home the crown finishing 72 holes on 14-under par 274.
Inclement weather conditions on Saturday pushed the final day’s play to Monday.
Woods began his round on Monday and three birdies in his first seven holes strengthened his challenge before darkness fell.
The 37-year-old parred his first five holes today with the minimum of fuss before birdieing the 13th after two-putting from 52 feet, but he dropped back immediately afterwards when he found a greenside bunker with his lay-up and then double bogeyed the par-four 15th after being forced to take a penalty drop.
Woods dropped another shot on the 17th and missed a 15ft birdie putt on the last but it mattered little, his level-par 72 enough for victory.
"It got a little ugly toward the end," Woods was quoted as saying after his victory.
"I started losing my patience with slow play and lost my concentration there a little bit. But I was able to get my par there at 18 and got the win," he said.
This was Woods’ 75th career title and he is now just seven titles away from equalling Sam Snead’s record of winning 82 PGA events.
With ANI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Heavy rainfall expected in Vidarbha, Telangana, Andhra; Monsoon set to enter Delhi, Punjab, Haryana
- India's spectrum proceeds seen way below target at $10-$12 bn: HSBC
- England's Roy Hodgson dismisses report of Wayne Rooney-Jamie Vardy rift
- China, Russia fed up with US hegemony: Chinese daily
- BJP ally Shiv Sena accuses saffron party of spreading falsehood, rumours