Tiger Woods pulls out of charity golf event
New York: Tiger Woods has pulled out of a charity golf event scheduled for Wednesday because of back pain which troubled him during the PGA Tour`s The Barclays event, organizers said.
"The important thing for Tiger is to make sure he is 100 percent healthy and not risk further injuring himself," tournament organizer Notah Begay said on Monday.
Woods was set to play in the 18-hole exhibition, called the Notah Begay III Foundation Challenge in the state of New York, until back spasms bothered him during The Barclays. Despite the injury, he finished runner-up on Sunday, one shot behind Adam Scott.
It is not known if Woods will be able to participate in this weekend`s Deutsche Bank Championship in Boston. The tournament is the second of four FedEx Cup playoff events on the PGA Tour.
The Deutsche Bank Championship begins on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video