Tiger Woods wins prestigious `fifth Masters` Players Championship
New York: Golfer Tiger Woods has ended his row with Spanish golfer Sergio Garcia by winning the Players Championship on Sunday.
Woods put an end to the war of words with Garcia over the weekend by closing the tournament at 2 under 70 by finding land on the final two holes.
Woods nailed down his 78th golf victory on the PGA Tour, winning the Players for the first time since 2001 and joined the league of Fred Couples, Davis Love III and Steve Elkington as the only two-time winners at the TPC Sawgrass.
Garcia made double bogey by taking 13 shots to cover the final two holes while Woods made his double bogey on the 14th hole, resulting in a four-way tie with Garcia, Maggert and Lingmerth.
The final two holes were to be fought for by Woods and Garcia which further raised the competition between the two especially with Garcia retorting that Woods is `not the nicest guy on tour`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH