Tiger Woods` World Challenge moving to Florida in 2014
Los Angeles: The Tiger Woods Foundation said Friday that the World Challenge unofficial event hosted by the 14-time major champion will move to Florida in 2014.
This year`s World Challenge, will be contested at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, California, west of Los Angeles, December 5-8.
Sherwood and Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, Arizona, are the only two courses to host the event in its first 15 years.
Next year, Isleworth Golf and Country Club near Orlando will be the host course.
"We have a longstanding relationship with Tavistock Group and my friend, Joe Lewis, and I am thrilled to see it grow in support of our foundations," said Tiger Woods of the group that owns Isleworth.
"We`ve enjoyed 15 amazing years in Southern California, which helped us launch our flagship Tiger Woods Learning Center...
"I`m looking forward to this next phase of the World Challenge and what it can bring to Florida."
This year`s 18-player field at the World Challenge includes 14 of the top 20 players in the world, along with defending champion Graeme McDowell of Northern Ireland and reigning PGA Champion Jason Dufner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram