Tigers Woods’ ex-caddie ‘not a racist’, says Greg Norman
Melbourne: Australian golfer Greg Norman has defended American star Tigers Woods’ former caddie Steve Williams against accusations of racism.
Norman, however, labelled Williams’ comments as “stupid”.
Williams, who caddied for Woods for 12 years before being sacked this year, had stunned the golfing world when he called Woods a “black a---hole” at the annual Caddie Awards dinner in Shanghai, China, last week.
“Steve’s not a racist. We’ve all made stupid comments and I’m sure Steve will know his comment was stupid,” the Courier-Mail quoted Norman, as saying.
“It’s all done now. It’s been good fodder (for the media), but golf doesn’t need it,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data