Tigers Woods’ ex-caddie ‘not a racist’, says Greg Norman
Melbourne: Australian golfer Greg Norman has defended American star Tigers Woods’ former caddie Steve Williams against accusations of racism.
Norman, however, labelled Williams’ comments as “stupid”.
Williams, who caddied for Woods for 12 years before being sacked this year, had stunned the golfing world when he called Woods a “black a---hole” at the annual Caddie Awards dinner in Shanghai, China, last week.
“Steve’s not a racist. We’ve all made stupid comments and I’m sure Steve will know his comment was stupid,” the Courier-Mail quoted Norman, as saying.
“It’s all done now. It’s been good fodder (for the media), but golf doesn’t need it,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory