Tripathi edges past Vani to win 6th leg of Hero WPGT
Panchkula: Kolkata golfer Neha Tripathi played a superb final round to edge past overnight leader Vani Kapoor to seal another victory in the Hero Women`s Pro Golf Tour 2013 on Thursday.
The victory in the sixth leg is the third of the season for Neha and with this, she overtakes Smriti Mehra in the Hero Order of Merit 2013.
Neha, who had made a strong comeback yesterday, was brilliant in the final round today and once again established her dominance in the domestic tour this season.
Vani, the overnight leader, got off to a great start and she had a clear lead of four strokes on the front nine but, Neha was brilliant in the back nine and clinched the title by a single shot. Both the players were tied at the 17th and it was Vani`s bogey on the 18th that gave Neha the title.
Neha carded four birdies on the third, 14th, 15th and 16th to return with a final day score of one under 71 and a total score of 228. She had a double bogey on the fourth and a bogey on the 11th hole.
Vani played a competitive final round of three over 75 and had a final score of 229. She carded just a single birdie on fifth and had bogeys on the sixth, 11th, 15th and 18th.
Ankita Tiwana, who was lying tied seventh after the second round, played a steady third round of four over 76 to finish tied third with local girl Saaniya Sharma, who returued with a final round score of 10 over 82. Both had a total score of 239.
Pallavi Jain, with a total score of 246, finished fifth and Mita Gowande,247, finished sxith.
Gursimar Badwal (A), was the amateur winner with a total score of 236. The other amateur Amandeep Drall (A) returned with a total score of 240.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why