Tripathi edges past Vani to win 6th leg of Hero WPGT
Panchkula: Kolkata golfer Neha Tripathi played a superb final round to edge past overnight leader Vani Kapoor to seal another victory in the Hero Women`s Pro Golf Tour 2013 on Thursday.
The victory in the sixth leg is the third of the season for Neha and with this, she overtakes Smriti Mehra in the Hero Order of Merit 2013.
Neha, who had made a strong comeback yesterday, was brilliant in the final round today and once again established her dominance in the domestic tour this season.
Vani, the overnight leader, got off to a great start and she had a clear lead of four strokes on the front nine but, Neha was brilliant in the back nine and clinched the title by a single shot. Both the players were tied at the 17th and it was Vani`s bogey on the 18th that gave Neha the title.
Neha carded four birdies on the third, 14th, 15th and 16th to return with a final day score of one under 71 and a total score of 228. She had a double bogey on the fourth and a bogey on the 11th hole.
Vani played a competitive final round of three over 75 and had a final score of 229. She carded just a single birdie on fifth and had bogeys on the sixth, 11th, 15th and 18th.
Ankita Tiwana, who was lying tied seventh after the second round, played a steady third round of four over 76 to finish tied third with local girl Saaniya Sharma, who returued with a final round score of 10 over 82. Both had a total score of 239.
Pallavi Jain, with a total score of 246, finished fifth and Mita Gowande,247, finished sxith.
Gursimar Badwal (A), was the amateur winner with a total score of 236. The other amateur Amandeep Drall (A) returned with a total score of 240.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed