Udayan fires 10-under par to lead Tata Steel Jharkhand Amateur
Jamshedpur: India`s leading amateur Udayan Mane shot a superb round of 10-under par 61 to take a four-shot lead in the opening round of the Tata Steel Jharkhand Amateur at the Golmuri Golf Course here on Tuesday.
The Bangalore lad fired five birdies on his front nine while making two birdies and an eagle on his return journey to submit a blemish-free card.
Former three-time Sri Lankan Open amateur champion, Simarjeet Singh was lying second at 65, while Jaibir Singh and home-grown lad Karan Taunk were tied for the third place at 66.
As many as three players -- Ainesh Ahluwalia, L Selvadurai and BR Raja -- were tied for the fifth place at 69 on a day when wet conditions forced the organisers to have the preferred lies in play.
Udayan opened with a hat-trick of birdies while saving two more strokes on the last two holes of his outward journey. Continuing in the same vein, the bulky India international then made a birdie on the 11th hole eagled the par-4 13th while making two more consecutive birdies on the 14th and 15th holes, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi