Udayan fires 10-under par to lead Tata Steel Jharkhand Amateur
Jamshedpur: India`s leading amateur Udayan Mane shot a superb round of 10-under par 61 to take a four-shot lead in the opening round of the Tata Steel Jharkhand Amateur at the Golmuri Golf Course here on Tuesday.
The Bangalore lad fired five birdies on his front nine while making two birdies and an eagle on his return journey to submit a blemish-free card.
Former three-time Sri Lankan Open amateur champion, Simarjeet Singh was lying second at 65, while Jaibir Singh and home-grown lad Karan Taunk were tied for the third place at 66.
As many as three players -- Ainesh Ahluwalia, L Selvadurai and BR Raja -- were tied for the fifth place at 69 on a day when wet conditions forced the organisers to have the preferred lies in play.
Udayan opened with a hat-trick of birdies while saving two more strokes on the last two holes of his outward journey. Continuing in the same vein, the bulky India international then made a birdie on the 11th hole eagled the par-4 13th while making two more consecutive birdies on the 14th and 15th holes, respectively.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof