US favourites to win the Ryder Cup, feels Justin Rose
London: World number ten Justin Rose has said the United States feel they are now the favourites for the Ryder Cup, and that is good news for Europe.
The top three in the rankings are European but the next six are Americans, including new Masters champion Bubba Watson, with in-form Jason Dufner and Rickie Fowler just behind.
Rose said he is glad the Americans will not feel like the underdogs for the September showdown in Chicago.
"I would have said maybe a few months ago, we were favourites but now I would say it`s in the balance," a daily quoted Rose, as saying.
"I think it`s good that they feel like they`re favourites. Valhalla in 2008 is the only Ryder Cup I`ve played, but I sensed that for the first time there was talk that the Europeans were the stronger team, and obviously it proved to fire them up," he added.
"But it`s a great sign that European golf has the guys at the very, very top and those are the guys you rely on in a Ryder Cup," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened