US favourites to win the Ryder Cup, feels Justin Rose
London: World number ten Justin Rose has said the United States feel they are now the favourites for the Ryder Cup, and that is good news for Europe.
The top three in the rankings are European but the next six are Americans, including new Masters champion Bubba Watson, with in-form Jason Dufner and Rickie Fowler just behind.
Rose said he is glad the Americans will not feel like the underdogs for the September showdown in Chicago.
"I would have said maybe a few months ago, we were favourites but now I would say it`s in the balance," a daily quoted Rose, as saying.
"I think it`s good that they feel like they`re favourites. Valhalla in 2008 is the only Ryder Cup I`ve played, but I sensed that for the first time there was talk that the Europeans were the stronger team, and obviously it proved to fire them up," he added.
"But it`s a great sign that European golf has the guys at the very, very top and those are the guys you rely on in a Ryder Cup," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq