US ski star Miller hit in Masters quesadilla caper
Augusta: Six-time Olympic ski medalist Bode Miller, long known as a bad boy on the global alpine circuit, ran afoul of the Augusta National rules Thursday while at the Masters.
The 36-year-old American, who became the oldest Olympic alpine ski medalist in history with a Super-G bronze in February`s Sochi Winter Olympics, was at the exclusive invitation-only event with wife Morgan Beck, a beach volleyball star.
According to the Augusta Chronicle, as the couple exited the ritzy hospitality area Berckmans Place on their way to the course nearby, they were stopped and told to hand over a quesadilla.
They had hoped to snack on the cheese-filled torilla while watching the tournament, but taking food out of the exclusive area is forbidden.
"If you pay $7,500 you ought to be able to bring out a quesadilla," Miller told the newspaper.
The ulta-exclusive area within the exclusive club opened last year and offers special dining areas, places to watch the event near the fifth hole and a putting area that is set up similarly to three actual Augusta Nation greens.
Miller also won super-combined gold, downhill bronze and Super-G silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics and silvers in giant slalom and combined at the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi