Vani, Gauri keeps Indian flag high at DGC
New Delhi: Vani Kapoor and amateur Gauri Monga kept Indian hopes high as they shot one-over 73 each in the first round of the $300,000 Women’s Indian Open at the Delhi Golf Club (DGC) here Thursday.
On a day when Thailand’s Thidapa Suwannapura and French Valentine Derrey stole the limelight with matching rounds of 66 for joint lead, Vani and local Gauri ended the day in tied 13th with 21 other golfers.
Neha Tripathi, the winner of Women’s Pro Golf Tour order of merit, is a stroke behind Vani and Gauri in tied 36th while Sharmila Nicollet wasn’t in her best form and shot a three-over 75 for 47th place.
Amateurs Millie Saroha and Aditi Ashok managed a 76 each while stalwart Smriti Mehra is a stroke behind them in tied 66th with compatriots Ankita Tiwana, Rhea Nair and amateur Gursimar Badhwal.
73- Gauri Monga (A), Vani Kapoor
74- Neha Tripathi
75- Sharmila Nicollet
76- Millie Saroha (A), Aditi Ashok (A)
77- Smriti Mehra, Ankita Tiwana, Rhea Nair, Gursimar Badhwal (A)
78- Gurbani Singh (A), Preetinder Kaur
79- Niki Ponappa
80- Seher Atwal (A)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: When will Muslim women get freedom from triple divorce?
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Tajikistan bans Russian-style surnames for children
- S&P keeps UK on triple-A rating, says expects no Brexit
- Google Translate turns 10: Five interesting things you want to know about it
- IPL 2016: Rising Pune Supergiants fail yet again as Gujarat Lions continue strong run in maiden season
- AgustaWestland deal: Centre rejects charge that PM Modi struck deal with Italy