Vani takes lead in Hero golf
New Delhi: Delhi golfer Vani Kapoor, with a total score of 146 (73,73), took the lead Wednesday in the penultimate round of the 11th leg of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
The Rs.5 lakh event is being played at the Delhi Golf Club here and will conclude Thursday. Bangalore`s Sharmila Nicollet is second after 36 holes, trailing Vani by three shots.
Vani played a careful round with a lone birdie on the fifth hole and two bogeys on the third and 18th holes, finishing with a score of one over 73 while Sharmila ended with a total of 149 (77,72).
Sharmila carded the day`s best round with a level par score, which helped her take second place at the end of the second round. She carded two birdies on the third and seventh holes and two bogeys on the fourth and 15th holes.
Overnight leader and Neha Tripathi (72,78) of Kolkata is tied third with Delhi`s Ankita Tiwana (77,73) with identical scores of 150. Amateur Millie Saroha is fifth with 155 (80,75). Veteran Smriti Mehra withdrew from the tournament on medical grounds after playing seven holes.
The tour comprises of 14 legs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?