Vani takes lead in Hero golf
New Delhi: Delhi golfer Vani Kapoor, with a total score of 146 (73,73), took the lead Wednesday in the penultimate round of the 11th leg of the Hero Women’s Professional Golf Tour.
The Rs.5 lakh event is being played at the Delhi Golf Club here and will conclude Thursday. Bangalore`s Sharmila Nicollet is second after 36 holes, trailing Vani by three shots.
Vani played a careful round with a lone birdie on the fifth hole and two bogeys on the third and 18th holes, finishing with a score of one over 73 while Sharmila ended with a total of 149 (77,72).
Sharmila carded the day`s best round with a level par score, which helped her take second place at the end of the second round. She carded two birdies on the third and seventh holes and two bogeys on the fourth and 15th holes.
Overnight leader and Neha Tripathi (72,78) of Kolkata is tied third with Delhi`s Ankita Tiwana (77,73) with identical scores of 150. Amateur Millie Saroha is fifth with 155 (80,75). Veteran Smriti Mehra withdrew from the tournament on medical grounds after playing seven holes.
The tour comprises of 14 legs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!