Vijay Singh determined to return to top of his game
Sydney: Fiji `s former World No.1 Vijay Singh has said that he feels his game is coming good again after he fell from the world`s top 100 this year.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Singh is preparing to play the Australian Masters at Royal Melbourne.
He recently tinkered with his swing to extend his driving distance, reverted from a belly putter to a conventional-sized blade, which he believes has fixed the Achilles heel of his game, and teamed up with a new caddie, the report said.
He said that operations have also fixed knee injuries that dogged him in recent years, according to the report.
Singh hasn`t won a tournament in five years, but he`s lost none of the competitive drive, which netted him three majors between 1998 and 2004, the report added.
He added that his mindset has improved, after dipping badly when the US PGA Tour launched an investigation early this year into his use of a deer antler spray, which was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list