Vijay Singh determined to return to top of his game
Sydney: Fiji `s former World No.1 Vijay Singh has said that he feels his game is coming good again after he fell from the world`s top 100 this year.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Singh is preparing to play the Australian Masters at Royal Melbourne.
He recently tinkered with his swing to extend his driving distance, reverted from a belly putter to a conventional-sized blade, which he believes has fixed the Achilles heel of his game, and teamed up with a new caddie, the report said.
He said that operations have also fixed knee injuries that dogged him in recent years, according to the report.
Singh hasn`t won a tournament in five years, but he`s lost none of the competitive drive, which netted him three majors between 1998 and 2004, the report added.
He added that his mindset has improved, after dipping badly when the US PGA Tour launched an investigation early this year into his use of a deer antler spray, which was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj