Vijay Singh determined to return to top of his game
Sydney: Fiji `s former World No.1 Vijay Singh has said that he feels his game is coming good again after he fell from the world`s top 100 this year.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Singh is preparing to play the Australian Masters at Royal Melbourne.
He recently tinkered with his swing to extend his driving distance, reverted from a belly putter to a conventional-sized blade, which he believes has fixed the Achilles heel of his game, and teamed up with a new caddie, the report said.
He said that operations have also fixed knee injuries that dogged him in recent years, according to the report.
Singh hasn`t won a tournament in five years, but he`s lost none of the competitive drive, which netted him three majors between 1998 and 2004, the report added.
He added that his mindset has improved, after dipping badly when the US PGA Tour launched an investigation early this year into his use of a deer antler spray, which was banned by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA), the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic