Westwood apologises for `girly boy trolls` Twitter outburst
Edinburgh: English golf ace Lee Westwood has reportedly apologised for his Twitter outburst in which he hit out at trolling followers, calling them `girly boy trolls` for criticising his performance in the final round of the US PGA Championship.
According to The Scotsman, Westwood, who carded a six-over 76 leaving him 13 shots behind winner Jason Dufner and still without a major success, asked one of his followers, who told him to `learn how to putt` by saying `will you get a life first` from his verified account @WestwoodLee.
The report said that Westwood further sent many insulting tweets, including one saying `you minions need to live from the inside out rather than the outside in`, while another said `just sick of negative a******** sat behind a keyboard with a pitiful life`.
Anothet tweet from Westwood`s account said that he gives a ` F*** ` on what the `haters say`, although a tweet later sought to clarify that the earlier comments were `not aimed at his `decent human beings` followers and were for the `p*****`, whom he wanted to be `locked up by the twitter police`.
However, the report said that Westwood appeared to soothe his followers by posting a message on Twitter in which he sincerely apologised to his sponsors and his `true followers` for his earlier comments, which were out of character and order.
The report mentioned that the apology was tweeted by the golf er six hours after he signed out from the outburst.
Further tweets taunted that his critics `must have the porn on` and that he loved `slagging people back`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video