Westwood clinches Thailand title to scale rankings
Chon Buri: Englishman Lee Westwood surged to a seven shot victory at the Thailand Golf Championship on Sunday, capping off another sparkling performance in Asia that is set to push him up to second in the world rankings.
Westwood maintained the chunky lead he held from day one and put paid to South African Charl Schwartzel`s brief resurgence, carding a final day three-under-par 69 on a notoriously tricky course to clinch his third victory in Asia this season.
As Schwartzel faded to a level-par 72 to finish second, the Englishman extended his four-stroke lead to seven to win the Asian Tour`s USD 1 million season-ending inaugural tournament and notch his 37th career title.
"I`ve amazed myself really," Westwood said after sinking his final putt on the 18th. "It`s been staggering, it all came together well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read