Westwood clinches Thailand title to scale rankings
Chon Buri: Englishman Lee Westwood surged to a seven shot victory at the Thailand Golf Championship on Sunday, capping off another sparkling performance in Asia that is set to push him up to second in the world rankings.
Westwood maintained the chunky lead he held from day one and put paid to South African Charl Schwartzel`s brief resurgence, carding a final day three-under-par 69 on a notoriously tricky course to clinch his third victory in Asia this season.
As Schwartzel faded to a level-par 72 to finish second, the Englishman extended his four-stroke lead to seven to win the Asian Tour`s USD 1 million season-ending inaugural tournament and notch his 37th career title.
"I`ve amazed myself really," Westwood said after sinking his final putt on the 18th. "It`s been staggering, it all came together well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!