With LPGA win, Lewis passes Park for world No 1
Galloway Township: Stacy Lewis got the victory she needed on Sunday to topple South Korean Park In-Bee from the top of the women`s world golf rankings, winning the LPGA ShopRite Classic.
America`s Lewis claimed her second LPGA title of the season and the 10th of her career, firing a four-under par final round of 67 in the 54-hole tournament for a 16-under par total of 197.
She finished six strokes in front of runner-up Christina Kim, who carded a one-over 72 for 203.
Lewis is projected to end Park`s 59-week reign atop the women`s world golf rankings.
Park has yet to win this year and her position atop the rankings has been under threat for weeks.
Lewis admitted this week that she was "kind of tired" of discussing at every tournament what she`d need to do to topple Park.
The 29-year-old will be happy to have broken through to regain the number one ranking she held for four weeks last year, especially with the US Women`s Open coming up later this month at Pinehurst.
"I would like to take care of that here this week," said Lewis, who did so in emphatic style.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'