Women`s Professional Golf Tour 2013 to kick off this Tuesday
Mumbai: It will be an interesting battle for supremacy between veteran golfer Smriti Mehra and the young guns such as Vani Kapoor and Neha Tripathi when the third leg of the Women`s Professional Golf Tour 2013 begins here, from tomorrow.
Delhi golfer Smriti is coming into the event, fresh from her convincing win in the second leg. Smriti currently leads the Hero Order Of Merit for 2013 with a total earning of Rs. 1, 90, 000 to her kitty from two tournaments.
Kolkata Golfer Neha, winner of the first leg, is currently second on the OOM with a total earning of Rs. 1, 65,000 from two tournaments.
DLF Golf & Country Club’s golfer Vani Kapoor who stormed the circuit with some aggressive and exceptional golf last year in her rookie season, is yet to taste victory this season.
Vani has been consistent in the first two legs (third and tied second finish on the tour)and would be eager to win her first for the season. Vani is currently placed third in the Hero OOM with a total amount of Rs. 1,52,500 to her kitty.
While the OOM war gets hotter this season, one can’t rule out Bangalorean Sharmila Nicollet who finished tied second in the second leg with a strong comeback on the final day.
Sharmila had to miss the first leg of the tour due to an injury and only started her campaign in the second leg.
Sharmila in the past has been the Hero OOM merit leader for the 2010-11 and 2009-10 season and also is the only Indian representative in the current Ladies European Tour season.
The tournament will be played at 18 hole Bombay Presidency Golf Club.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- India deserves to be in NSG, the US will work for it: Envoy Richard Verma
- 'Sarbjit' eyeing on Oscars, confirms producer
- Excessive childbirth fear can lead to post-partum depression
- Indian Sports Fraternity on Lionel Messi's decision to quit Argentina. See their reaction on Twitter!
- Formula 1: Bernie Ecclestone planning to scrap 'unequal' prize money structure