Woods describes meeting Mandela in 1998 as `most inspiring time`
Johannesburg: American golfer Tiger Woods has said that the death of Nelson Mandela was a sad day for many people, especially those who had the chance to meet him, according to reports.
According to Sport24, that moment was 15 years ago for Woods when he was in South Africa for the Million Dollar Challenge.
Woods said that when he got a chance to meet Mandela with his father back in `98, it was one of the most inspiring times he has ever had in his life.
Woods did not go into details of stories about Mandela that he has told many times over the years.
At the British Open this summer, when Mandela`s health was failing, he told of walking into a living room in Mandela`s home and feeling a presence he couldn`t describe, the report said.
Woods later also paid his respects on Twitter, the report added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan