Woods describes meeting Mandela in 1998 as `most inspiring time`
Johannesburg: American golfer Tiger Woods has said that the death of Nelson Mandela was a sad day for many people, especially those who had the chance to meet him, according to reports.
According to Sport24, that moment was 15 years ago for Woods when he was in South Africa for the Million Dollar Challenge.
Woods said that when he got a chance to meet Mandela with his father back in `98, it was one of the most inspiring times he has ever had in his life.
Woods did not go into details of stories about Mandela that he has told many times over the years.
At the British Open this summer, when Mandela`s health was failing, he told of walking into a living room in Mandela`s home and feeling a presence he couldn`t describe, the report said.
Woods later also paid his respects on Twitter, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Strong Indian growth to push up Asian economy to 5.7%: ADB
- Caught on camera: Woman abducted, molested in Bengaluru; one arrested
- Two killed in police firing in Arunachal's Tawang
- No plans to restart ceasefire with NSCN-K: Home ministry
- Trio of Earth-like planets found may posses perfect conditions for life, claim scientists