Woods describes meeting Mandela in 1998 as `most inspiring time`
Johannesburg: American golfer Tiger Woods has said that the death of Nelson Mandela was a sad day for many people, especially those who had the chance to meet him, according to reports.
According to Sport24, that moment was 15 years ago for Woods when he was in South Africa for the Million Dollar Challenge.
Woods said that when he got a chance to meet Mandela with his father back in `98, it was one of the most inspiring times he has ever had in his life.
Woods did not go into details of stories about Mandela that he has told many times over the years.
At the British Open this summer, when Mandela`s health was failing, he told of walking into a living room in Mandela`s home and feeling a presence he couldn`t describe, the report said.
Woods later also paid his respects on Twitter, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH