Woods describes meeting Mandela in 1998 as `most inspiring time`
Johannesburg: American golfer Tiger Woods has said that the death of Nelson Mandela was a sad day for many people, especially those who had the chance to meet him, according to reports.
According to Sport24, that moment was 15 years ago for Woods when he was in South Africa for the Million Dollar Challenge.
Woods said that when he got a chance to meet Mandela with his father back in `98, it was one of the most inspiring times he has ever had in his life.
Woods did not go into details of stories about Mandela that he has told many times over the years.
At the British Open this summer, when Mandela`s health was failing, he told of walking into a living room in Mandela`s home and feeling a presence he couldn`t describe, the report said.
Woods later also paid his respects on Twitter, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble