Woods gets Spaniard in 1st round
Marana (Arizona): Defending champion Luke Donald faces Ernie Els in the first round of the Match Play Championship. Tiger Woods is to play Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano.
The seeding for the first World Golf Championship of the year is based on the world ranking released Sunday night.
Donald, Rory McIlroy, Lee Westood and Martin Kaymer are the top four seeds. Woods, a three-time winner of the Match Play is the No. 19 seed, the first time he has played this event without being among the top three seeds.
The 64-man field begins Wednesday at Dove Mountain. Phil Mickelson and Paul Casey are not playing.
The Donald-Els match is the highest-profile for an opening round since Woods played Nick Faldo in the inaugural event in 1999.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred