Woods ready to `kick butt` at US Open to join `crown jewel` Merion`s `list of legends`
London: World No. 1 Tiger Woods has said that he is ready to `kick everyone`s butt` at the US Open as he eyes joining Merion`s list of legends.
American great Ben Hogan memorably won the title at Merion in 1950 after coming back from a bad car crash, while Bobby Jones also famously completed his `Grand Slam` in the 1930 US Amateur at the Philadelphia venue.
Woods, whose idol Jack Nicklaus also starred at Merion in the 1960 World Amateur Team Championship, is now looking to add his name to the icons` list after the US Open returned to Merion for the first time since 1981.
Terming Merion as United States Golf Association`s ( USGA) crown jewel, Woods said that he would try to `kick butt` at the tournament and put his name in the list of icons who won at the US open at the historic course, so that he can also be a part of the club`s history.
According to Woods, playing at the tournament is about the rush, thrill and the fun that comes from being at Merion.
Meanwhile, the American golf ace has said that he is looking forward to teeing it up on Thursday in a star-studded group with world No.2 Rory McIlroy and third-ranked Adam Scott, adding that such pairings makes the game much more enjoyable for golfers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation