Woods ready to `kick butt` at US Open to join `crown jewel` Merion`s `list of legends`
London: World No. 1 Tiger Woods has said that he is ready to `kick everyone`s butt` at the US Open as he eyes joining Merion`s list of legends.
American great Ben Hogan memorably won the title at Merion in 1950 after coming back from a bad car crash, while Bobby Jones also famously completed his `Grand Slam` in the 1930 US Amateur at the Philadelphia venue.
Woods, whose idol Jack Nicklaus also starred at Merion in the 1960 World Amateur Team Championship, is now looking to add his name to the icons` list after the US Open returned to Merion for the first time since 1981.
Terming Merion as United States Golf Association`s ( USGA) crown jewel, Woods said that he would try to `kick butt` at the tournament and put his name in the list of icons who won at the US open at the historic course, so that he can also be a part of the club`s history.
According to Woods, playing at the tournament is about the rush, thrill and the fun that comes from being at Merion.
Meanwhile, the American golf ace has said that he is looking forward to teeing it up on Thursday in a star-studded group with world No.2 Rory McIlroy and third-ranked Adam Scott, adding that such pairings makes the game much more enjoyable for golfers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state