Woods retains world number one position
Johannesburg: American golf star Tiger Woods has reportedly retained his world number one position, according to the latest world rankings which followed the Presidents Cup won by the USA and Seve Trophy won by Europe.
According to Sport24, the 14-time Major winner is at the top of the list with 12.84 points, followed by Australian Adam Scott at the second place with 9.27 points, Woods` American compatriot Phil Mickelson at the third place with 8.51 points and Swede Henrik Stenson at the fourth place with 8.15 points.
English golfer Justin Rose came at the fifth place with 7.54 points, followed by Northern Irish ace Rory McIlroy at the sixth place with 7.31, after which Americans Steve Stricker, Matt Kuchar, Brandt Snedeker and Jason Dufner came at seventh, eighth, ninth and the tenth places at 6.72, 6.58, 6.20 and 5.93 points respectively.
The report further mentioned that USA`s Zach Johnson sat at 11th with 5.40 points, followed by Northern Irishman Graeme McDowell (12th) with 5.33 and Luke Donald of England at the14th place with 5.08 points, while Americans Jim Furyk and Keegan Bradley occupied the 13th and the 15th places with 5.09 and 4.97 points respectively.
Jason Day of Australia (4.89 points), Spaniard Sergio Garcia (4.49 points), English ace Lee Westwood (4.44 points), South African Charl Schwartzel (4.43 points) and American Jordan Spieth (4.34 points) stood at 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th and the 20th places respectively, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31